Salted Caramel Nut Butter S'mores Bars submitted by Krista L.
Makes 15 servings
515 calories / 23F / 68.5C / 8P
- 1 cup unsalted butter; softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 (4.5 oz) package Smashmallows®, Cookie Dough or Toasted Vanilla
- 5 - 6 oz soft caramel
- 2 Tbsp fat-free milk
- 1 cup OffBeat Salted Caramel Butter
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper, with a little hanging over to help with removing the bars out of the pan and staying together.
- Beat butter, light brown sugar, coconut sugar, and monk fruit sweetener together, about 1 - 2 minutes until creamed. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and sea salt on low speed until well mixed.
- Press a little more than half of the dough evenly on the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the Salted Caramel Butter and milk and microwave it for 1 minute. Stir and if not melted and smooth, microwave it for another 30 seconds. Stir in the Salted Caramel Butter until well combined.
- Pour caramel/nut butter mixture on cookie dough and make sure it is evenly spread on top. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over caramel/nut butter mixture. Then put the remaining cookie dough over the top in small pieces, followed by the Smash Mallows in the empty areas.
- Bake the bars until golden brown and formed and soft. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool fully before serving. Enjoy!