PB Jalapeno Bacon Burger submitted by Shayli G.
Makes 1 serving*
680 calories / 35F / 49C / 42F
*these macros include ⅛ of the total candied jalapenos and syrup
- 5 jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- dash of turmeric
- dash of celery seed
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 hamburger bun
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 Tbsp OffBeat Sweet Classic Peanut Butter (or Aloha Butter)
Make candied jalapenos ahead of time. It is best if they have 6 hrs-1 week to marinade.
Candied Jalapenos (makes 8 servings): **Wear gloves when working with jalapeno peppers.
- Remove stems from jalapeno peppers and slice peppers to 1/4 inch thickness.
- In a pot, add apple cider vinegar, white sugar, garlic powder, turmeric, and celery seed and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the pepper slices. Allow to return to a boil, then reduce the heat again and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers (leave syrup in the pot) to a clean glass jar, filling jar to within 1/4 inch of the upper rim of the jar. Only the syrup should remain in the pot at this point.
- Place the pot back on the stove, increase the heat, and boil 5 minutes.
- Ladle the syrup into the jar with the jalapeno slices. Fill jar to within 1/4-1/2" from the upper rim of the jar. Place lid on jar.
- Let jar cool to room temperature and then place in the fridge.
- Mix ground beef and seasoning salt. Form hamburger patty about 3/4 inch thickness. Grill burger on BBQ or Traeger Grill. Melt cheese on top of burger for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
- Assemble burger by placing cheesy burger on the bun. Drizzle 1 Tbsp of Sweet Classic Peanut Butter on top of hot burger. Top with bacon and candied jalapenos. Enjoy the party in your mouth!