Mini Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies submitted by Liz S.
Makes 26 servings (one sandwich of two cookies and frosting per serving)
150 calories / 7F / 15C / 7P
- 432g Cinnamon Oat Kodiak Cakes Mix
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 serving Clean Simple Eats Pumpkin Pie Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4oz Neufchatel cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup OffBeat Pumpkin Spice Butter
- 1/4 cup raw unfiltered honey
Take Neufchatel cheese, almond milk, and eggs out of fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix together well, using an immersion blender or blender and blending until as smooth as possible.
- Using a small cookie scoop (1.5" diameter) scoop batter onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Let cool, then remove from cookie sheet.
- While cookies are baking and/or cooling, add softened Neufchatel cheese, Pumpkin Spice Butter, and honey to a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Weigh frosting and divide by number of whoopie pies that you will have (2 halves per pie).
- Once sandwich parts are cool, pair them with another of similar size and shape.
- Scoop the frosting onto one side of the whoopie pie sandwich and place other half on top. Continue until all whoopie pies are assembled.