Inside Out Bars submitted by Alex D.
Makes 12 servings
255 calories / 11F / 34C / 5P
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 grams OffBeat Midnight Almond Coconut Butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- additional OffBeat drizzle, coconut flakes, or chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Whisk the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- To another bowl or stand mixer, add the honey, coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond milk and beat together for a few minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and the OffBeat Butter and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat on low until combined.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray. Pour the donut batter into a piping bag or a ziplock baggie and cut off one of the corners. Pipe the batter into the donut molds. This recipe makes 12 donuts.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and almond milk until a smooth glaze has formed.
- Dip each donut into the chocolate glaze then place it back on the wire rack to allow it to set.
- Top with additional toppings if desired and enjoy!