There’s nothing better than burgers in paradise, are we right?! Since it’s not always possible to be soaking up the island sun as much as we’d like to we thought, why not bring ‘a little ALOHA’ to our own home? We’ve paired the best flavors that Hawaii has to offer and wrapped them all up in a “I can’t wrap my mouth around that thing,” juiciest, drool-worthy Aloha Burger you’ll ever taste!
Add a side of Aloha Sweet Potato Fries and this meal will have you daydreaming of dipping your toes in the sand and frolicking in the waves! On a scale from 1-10 this meal is a... 12.
🙌🏼 Aloha & Mahalo from the OffBeat Team!
THE Aloha BurgerMakes 4 Burgers
640 calories / 26F / 57C / 48P
1 lb ground turkey
4 Tbs. coconut sugar, divided
1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
4 fresh pineapple rings
4 tomato slices
4 slices turkey bacon
4 slices Swiss cheese
1 large sweet onion
2 Tbs. finely shredded coconut
2 egg whites
4 Tbs. OffBeat Butters Aloha Butter
4 potato hamburger buns
1. Combine ground turkey, 2 Tbs. coconut sugar and fresh pineapple juice in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Form four 4 oz. burger patties.
3. Place on pre-heated grill or griddle. Sprinkle each patty with 1/2 Tbs. coconut sugar and rub in. Cook on both sides 5-7 minutes. Top each fully cooked patty with Swiss cheese and allow to fully melt.
4. While the burgers are cooking, cook the turkey bacon until crisp and grill the pineapple until browning occurs.
5. Slice onion into thick 1/2” rings. Dip each ring into egg whites and then sprinkle with shredded coconut. Place each ring on a greased frying pan. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until coconut browns.
6. Layer each burger with the bottom bun, patty with melted cheese, tomato, pineapple ring, bacon, onion ring, 1 Tbs. Aloha Butter and top bun. Enjoy warm with a side of Aloha Fries!
Aloha Sweet Potato Fries
Makes 4 servings
115 calories / 4F / 21C/ 2P
2 medium sized sweet potatoes (250g)
2 Tbs. coconut sugar
Dash sea salt
2 Tbs. OffBeat Butters Aloha Butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice sweet potatoes into long, 1/4" fries.
3. Place fries on baking sheet lined with crinkled tin foil (for crisper fries). Spray tips with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1 Tbs. coconut sugar and dash sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes then flip and repeat process. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
4. Once done, pile em all on a plate and drizzle Aloha Butter over the top of the pile. Enjoy warm!