Healthier Twix submitted by Tanner B.
Makes 10 bars servings
365 calories / 26F / 34C / 4P / per bar
8oz. Nature's Path honey almond granola
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup OffBeat Salted Caramel Butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 maple syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
Dash sea salt
1/2 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbs. coconut oil
Granola or flaky sea salt, optional
1. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse granola and coconut oil until coarse crumbs form. Spread crumbs evenly across the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer and prepare the Caramel Layer.
3. Combine all the caramel ingredients in a small saucepan over low-medium heat and continuously whisk until all ingredients melt and thickens. Remove from stove and let cool completely.
4. Once cooled, pour evenly onto the granola crust and place in freezer while you prepare the Chocolate Layer.
5. In a small bowl, combine chocolate and coconut oil and microwave in 20-second increments, stirring in between, until melted. Let cool for 2-3 minutes and pour over the Caramel Layer.
6. Sprinkle granola or flaky sea salt over the top and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to solidify completely. Cut into pieces and enjoy!