Cinnamon Bun Filled Monkey Bread submitted by Jasmine B.
Makes 16 servings
320 calories / 16F / 37C / 7P
- 1 1/3 cups OffBeat Cinnamon Bun Butter + extra for drizzling (1 ½ cups total)
- 2 cans buttermilk biscuits (non-flaky)
- 1/2 package butterscotch pudding mix (cook and serve kind)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup OffBeat Cinnamon Bun Butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a Bundt pan with cooking spray (do not use a tube pan). Pour in chopped pecans and sprinkle with butterscotch pudding mix.
- In a large gallon-size bag, combine 3/4 cup sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 16 biscuits (8 per can). Cut each biscuit into quarters, making 64 pieces (pizza cutters or kitchen scissors make this go fast!).
- Flatten each quarter into a circle shape. Place 1 tsp of Cinnamon Bun Butter in the center of the dough. Bring edges up and over the filling and pinch shut, encasing the filling completely. Repeat with all remaining dough circles.
- Add filled dough balls a few at a time to the bag of cinnamon sugar. Shake in bag to coat the dough.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with ¼ C Cinnamon Bun Butter, brown sugar, vanilla and milk over medium heat, stirring constantly. Let boil for 30 seconds.
- Arrange 1/2 of the filled, coated biscuit balls in the Bundt pan. Pour 1/2 of the butter mixture over the biscuits. Repeat with the remaining biscuit balls and butter mixture. The pan should be 1/2-2/3 full.
- Bake for about 40 min, or until the crust is a deep brown on top.
- Flip over onto a cake plate while still hot, drizzle with Cinnamon Bun Butter and enjoy!