Choco Caramel Crunch Bars submitted by Jenn O.
Makes 32 bars
110 calories / 8.5F / 8C / 1.5P
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 Tbs. honey (melted)
- 1/2 cup OffBeat Salted Caramel Butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1.5 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp flakey sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the coconut and almond flours with melted coconut oil & warmed honey in a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and pack down shortbread mixture into the base.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until starting to turn golden brown. Remove once done and let cool completely.
- Combine almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt in a saucepan over the stove on medium-low heat and heat until completely liquified, whisking together, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the burner and cool completely.
- Put chocolate chips into a small bowl and add coconut oil. Warm in microwave for 30 sec intervals, stirring in between, until completely liquified. Or, heat over the stove.
- Once shortbread & caramel have completely cooled, pour caramel sauce over the base layer, spreading out evenly. Set in the freezer until it hardens (about 1-2 hours).
- Remove from the freezer and pour and evenly spread chocolate over the top. Sprinkle flakey sea salt as the last touch and set back in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Once chilled, remove from the pan and slice into 1/2 inch strips and then slice each strip in half. Enjoy!